Help with Parkinson’s Disease
The effects of Parkinson’s disease can be physically and emotionally hard on those who suffer from the disease and those who care for them. According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, the average age of onset is around 60, and the chances of being diagnosed increase with age. And, while the cause of the disease has not been proven it does tend to be more prevalent in men than women.
But there is hope. If diagnosed early, rehabilitative treatment and therapy can reduce the side effects, helping the patient lead an active lifestyle. The goal of our hospital’s Parkinson’s rehabilitation program is to give patients a chance to achieve maximum independence. The program teaches disease management by improving physical capabilities, including:
- Individual assessment of patient’s strengths and limitations
- Working with patients on endurance training, adaptive living skills, mobility training and communication/cognitive skills
- Providing patient, family and caregiver education
- Strengthening the patient’s self-image
- Maintaining a continuum of care that focuses on independence and safety
Treatment for Parkinson’s disease
Treatment for Parkinson’s patients may include:
- Medical management by a rehabilitation physician
- Physical therapy to improve movement, walking and balance
- Occupational therapy to develop skills and strategies
Learn more about neurological disorders treated at our hospital.
By demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for healthcare quality and safety, our hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Read More »
See Our Hospital
Join us for a virtual tour of our hospital where you will see our patient rooms, exercise facilities, and more. You can also set up a personal tour by calling our hospital.
Learn more »
As a physician I was impressed with her clear care plan, the attentiveness to all aspects of her well being, the quality and caring attention of staff, the level of physician oversight and availability, and the comfort and cleanliness of your facility.
Other patient testimonials »